The Latest Generation of Compact Remote Observation Surveillance Solutions
Instro’s Remote Observation Surveillance System (ROSS) provides a complete ‘off the shelf’ wired or wireless solution for users who wish to add a highly portable rapidly deployed and self-contained remote surveillance capability to traditionally handheld sensors.
The ROSS features Ethernet for high speed data and video transmission and split-screen display, allowing a single operator to monitor live digital video and record footage from up to four remote stations simultaneously.
The digital map display enhances situational awareness by showing the location of the operator and remote stations in addition to objects of interest.
Instro’s Trilite Tripod and motorised pan and tilt head, the Hornet, come as part of the ROSS kit.
Main Advantages & Features
- Configurable to use in-service sensors
- System includes a convenient backpack, with a tough transit case for storage and transportation
- Lightweight one man carry
- Rugged, durable and easy to set up and use
- Remote surveillance via cable or wireless communication link
- 1000m clear line of sight wireless control capability (longer range options available)
- High precision motorised pan and tilt unit for accurate sensor LOS (Line of Sight) positioning
- Compact control console featuring hardware joystick and large colour multi-point touch screen for touch controls, video and digital map display
- Digital video recording and stills capture
- Offers full remote control of up to four remote sensor/ precision pan and tilt head stations
- Ethernet connectivity to PC and/or digital communications infrastructure
- Low system power consumption
- Operates from a wide range of power sources