Job Title: Quality Engineer
Responsible to: Quality Manager
Our Offer Includes:
- Competitive salary, company profit-sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Flexible working – nine day fortnight.
- Generous paid holiday allowance, plus bank holidays.
The Quality Engineer will work both internally and externally, as required within the quality department supporting both supplier and customer projects. Investigating related issues to completion using a DRACAS (8D) format, support on-going process improvements. Carry out initial supplier evaluation, re-evaluation to identify and prioritise concern suppliers, parts & processes, maintain on-going performance measurement and promote use of best practice and appropriate problem solving techniques to eliminate the root cause of problems.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting both supplier and customer projects.
- Work as part of the quality team to investigate internal & external supplier issues.
- Liaise with business partners to assure continuous supply chain improvement.
- Support the business with Quality matters relating to purchased product non-conformities.
- Filter out supplier related issues reported to MRB.
- Timely resolution of supplier Quality concerns.
- Coordinate, plan and conduct regular supplier evaluation audits.
- Co-ordinate parts / material investigation and measurement to feedback accurate Quality data.
- Visit suppliers to verify & approve robust countermeasure application. As such a full current driving licence is required.
- Raise Modification requests to Engineering as required.
- Support NPi projects & resourcing to achieve Departmental QCDM targets.
- Travel to Supplier sites as required.
- HNC/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Qualified Internal / External Approved Auditor.
- Ideally 6 Sigma Certified.
- Experience as a Quality Engineer in an engineering or manufacturing environment (preferred within a UK Defence Company).
- Experience in the use of modern metrology equipment would be an advantage.
- Experience of using FMEA & 8D processes.
- Identifying problem areas using data analysis with focus on defect prevention.
- Knowledge and understanding in process audit, analysis and the ability to develop and implement robust counter measures.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing drawings and specifications which link to required process controls.
- Experience of dealing with Supplier issues, onsite and at supplier destinations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to influence business partners to assure continuous supply chain improvement.
- Well organised to manage conflicting priorities to deadlines.
- Can adapt to a flexible environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Effective communicator
- Must be comfortable with working in the defence and security sectors.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 / 14001 / 18001.
- Appreciation of UK Defence Standards and AS9100.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Team focused.
- Customer / Quality focused.
- Outcome / Solution focused.
Applicants to apply through the link below, uploading a CV and personal statement as to why you would like to be considered for this role.
Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.