Job Title: Sales & Business Development Manager
Department: Sales & Business Development
Reporting to: Sales & Business Development Director
Responsible for developing and securing sales and new business for the company and ensuring achievement of its targets.
This is a customer facing individual contributor role with responsibility for winning and delivering assigned new business and sales targets. This is to be achieved by identifying relevant customers and building relationships to secure business for applicable Instro and Elbit Systems products. This role requires subject matter expertise relevant to defence and security ISTAR and EO sectors. The person must be a pro-active positive and well-informed advocate to ensure Instro is perceived as an industry leader.
This job is a consultative Sales / BD role, primarily responsible for identifying and delivering pre and post-sales support of Instro’s product portfolio to specific channel partners and military ISTAR and EO users. This position serves as the technical SME competent in the requirements, usage and integration of ISTAR / EO on armoured fighting vehicles, maritime, dismounted soldier, HLS and other business segments.
You will be expected to predominantly work from home with once weekly office attendance and meeting attendance as required at Instro’s facility in the Sandwich, Kent area.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Devise and implement actions to discover, identify and qualify the requirements of new business opportunities. Map and align client requirements to capabilities of Instro and its parent and highlight potential risks and issues that may arise in the pursuit of specific opportunities.
- Develop and maintain the trust and confidence of the company’s major accounts and channel partners and be responsible for the commercial relationship of assigned accounts.
- Prepare, maintain and engage with internal company stakeholders (eg engineering, operations, quality and finance to ensure meeting customers’ expectations – including on time deliveries. Customer’s returns, customer’s complaint etc.
- Win new business at assigned regions \ accounts achieving individual as well as company’s targets as assigned personally and collectively to the Sales & BD team – annual personal objective shall be define by the Sales & BD Director on an annual or half annual bases.
- Maintain current and updated knowledge of the market for military ISTAR and EO opportunities for them. Leverage own subject matter expertise to feedback new market requirements to respective product lines.
- Supporting and implementing company strategy.
- Understand and assess competitor SWOT to inform product roadmap plans.
- Prepare and lead sales bids, proposals, RFI, RFP, RFQ including but not limited to drafting, reviewing, preparation of quotations and presentations.
- To carry out other tasks as may be requested from time to time by the line manager, such as demonstrations, conferences, exhibitions and MARCOM activities.
- Military or industry accreditations as a specialist in the fields of ISTAR and EO.
- Ex-Military or Relevant experience from the industry with proven operational experience and credentials as operator/trainer/instructor familiar with the equipment and regulatory aspects of ISTAR and EO and the sensors and communications networks used by them.
- Alternatively, an individual with a wealth of experience in engineering, and / or marketing of ISTAR and EO sensors and systems.
- Ideally, prior experience of a customer facing sales or commercial role or able to demonstrate effective contribution to team activities as both team leader and individual contributor.
Skills & Abilities
- Effective communicator with good written and spoken English skills. Attentive listener. Able to assimilate information and contribute to client discussions with informed analysis of requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Self-starter with attention to detail. Organised and able to prioritise own workload to deliver multiple projects against fixed deadlines.
- Willingness to travel, therefore a valid driving licence and passport are required.
- Sensitivity to the different cultures and business practices of international customers.
- Military equipment practice and capabilities of UK and major allied nations in the field of ISTAR and EO and the workflows associated with those roles.
- Familiarity with other weapon systems and sensors as may be relevant to capabilities of Instro and other group companies.
- Competent in describing and explaining the main features, benefits and advantages of the company’s products.
- Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Team focused.
- Customer / quality focused.
- Outcome / solution focused.
- Competitive salary, company profit sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
- Rewards and recognition scheme.