Job Title: Export Controller & Sales & Marketing Assistant
Department: Sales & Business Development
Reporting to: Sales & Business Development Director
As Export Controller you will be responsible for all export licence related work, from Projects and Tenders to Major Equipment Procurement and Supply Chain management. You will be competent in the Company’s customer order management processes including contract review checks, preparing quotes, processing orders, handling customer status requests and preparing and releasing order acknowledgements and delivery schedules.
As the Sales and Marketing Assistant you will be customer focused, ensuring all customers have a positive experience, managing processes post product delivery. There will be considerable inter department cooperation to track orders and supporting the Sales and Business Development team to provide the best possible service to our customers.
This role will have a dotted reporting line into the Security Controller and support with confidential administration, data and physical security site tasks.
You will be office based in the Sandwich, Kent area.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Managing all aspects of export licensing requirements, ensuring all orders are addressed in accordance with the company’s export control policy.
- Provide expert advice on Export Control Licencing, dealing with internal and external agencies to ensure Instro Precision remains compliant.
- Liaise with all relevant departments, networking internally and externally to help drive the business forward while ensuring we meet export licence requirements.
- Liaise with operations for lead time estimates and production schedule updates for customers.
- Prepare cost and price build-up analysis using data in the company’s MRP and cost models.
- Support with bid and tender responses. Managing all aspects of the tender process, ensuring the SMEs have completed the relevant documents and we have completed the tender response in accordance with the authority’s requirements.
- Log and follow-up new opportunities with prospects contacting the company’s website.
- Monthly reporting on key business metrics (quotes made by value, by customer, pipeline trends).
- Sales & Marketing general administration and cover other members of the team when necessary.
Security Controller support
- Maintain and update security records and onsite security access control.
- Security Clearance administration.
- Support the security controller through security improvement initiatives.
- Ideally degree educated or school leaver with good grades at A / AS level or similar further education qualifications (Diploma, NVQ).
- Previous experience in export preferred.
- Previous roles involving customer or team interaction or where personal communication and organisation are key factors for delivering a service.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communicator with good written and spoken English skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office tools, Outlook, Word, Excel and Access databases.
- Numerate and comfortable with capturing and manipulating data from different sources to produce costings and pricelists.
- Attention to detail, organised and able to prioritise own workload.
- Team player, able to work independently and to deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work and willingness to take on other duties as required.
- Valid driving licence is required.
- Valid Passport is required as there may be a need for international travel.
- Knowledge in export licence requests and management of process would be preferred.
- No specific knowledge of the company’s products required, relevant training and orientation will be provided.
- Commercial Terminology relevant to Export control, Sales and Marketing.
- You must be comfortable with working in the defence and security sectors.
- Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Team focused.
- Customer / quality focused.
- Outcome / solution focused.
- Competitive salary, company profit sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
- Rewards and recognition scheme.