Job Title: Apprentice – Operations
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
To undertake the duties and responsibilities of the post specified below and to undertake and complete a 2 year Apprenticeship in Manufacturing.
You will be office based in the Sandwich, Kent area.
Main duties & responsibilities
- To undertake and complete all elements of the Apprenticeship.
- To attend all off the job training as organised at our designated training provider.
- To attend all on the job training as required.
- To train to read & interpret engineering drawings to produce high precision electro-mechanical components.
- To train to produce components through high precision manual turning.
- To assist and train in the manufacture of jigs, fixtures, gauges and specialised tooling.
- To train and assist to set / operate 3 + 4 Axis CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Milling machines and/or, set / operate 2 + 3 Axis CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Turning machines.
- To train and to assist to set up work holding and tool holding whilst adhering to standard operating procedures.
- To train in the assembly of precision and complex assemblies.
- To train in the manufacture of cable harnesses and loom assemblies.
- To train in the operator maintenance of machines and equipment.
- To ensure any problems encountered are highlighted to local supervision in a timely manner.
- To ensure any opportunity for improvement in the processes are highlighted to local supervision.
- To operate in a manner conducive with one’s own safety and the safety of others.
- CSE/GCSE or O-Level in Mathematics & English.
Skills & Abilities
- Able to use hand tools.
- Able to understand gauges and basic measuring equipment.
- Able to interpret basic engineering information.
- Effective communicator.
- Health & safety awareness.
- Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Team focused.
- Customer / quality focused.
- Outcome / solution focused.
- Competitive salary, company profit sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
- Rewards and recognition scheme.