Job Title: Account & Programme Manager
Department: Sales & Business Development
Reporting to: Sales & Business Development Director
The programme manager’s role is the general management of client-funded programmes. This includes managing all internal stakeholders so the programme is delivered on time, to the customer’s specifications, on budget and meets and exceeds the customer’s satisfaction.
You will be expected to manage numerous different aspects of a complex, technical and busy programme so your interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and attention to detail are just a few qualities you should demonstrate. You will have a track record in the following:
- Ensure the objectives of a project are clearly defined.
- Develop and monitor project plan and milestone to meet objectives.
- Lead and motivate project teams including engineering, operations and all other relevant areas in the company.
- Manage risks, opportunities, issues, decisions and changes.
- Monitor progress and request support from the senior management team when required.
- Communicate with stakeholders.
- Managing the program budget.
Assisting the Sales and BD team with account management, developing new business opportunities, customer service and after sales support.
You will be office based in the Sandwich, Kent area.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Lead all programme management activities with customers / OEM’s.
- Support business development & new programme opportunities.
- Ensure all customer/company milestones and financial commitments are met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and customer stakeholders in purchasing, operation, quality and engineering departments.
- Project manage timely completion of Gate reviews with task completion from the internal cross-functional teams.
- Lead customer visits to the company’s manufacturing locations and facilities.
- Work to manage and improve profitability of programme to reach financial targets.
Lead pursuit opportunities for business development & new programme sourcing with customers \ accounts under their responsibility.
- Lead quote process in conjunction with internal teams to ensure that all required financial metrics are achieved.
- Ensure all Account Management tasks are completed.
- Management of projects to meet the defined objectives.
- Management of risks, opportunities, issues, decisions and changes.
- Make suggestions and take part in continuous improvement activities.
- Relevant degree in an Engineering or Business related discipline.
- APM Project Management Qualification or equivalent.
- Experience in commercial account management role.
- Experience in customer facing area.
- Applied knowledge of project management techniques & systems.
- Excellent communication, administrative, organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to analyse financial summaries.
- Experience of working in diverse and/or multi-cultural team.
- Willingness to travel, therefore a valid driving licence and passport are required.
- Flexibility to support split time zone activities when necessary.
- Confident in producing and maintaining project plans to meet defined objectives.
- Sufficiently experienced to manage projects with minimal supervision, using own judgment to consult the stakeholders when required.
- UK defence industry, ideally with experience of dealing with Tier 1 and Tier 2 customers.
Skills & Abilities
- Team leadership.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to articulate objectives clearly.
- Excellent time management.
- Systems thinking (understanding the big picture).
- Good people – skills.
- Ability to present – written and orally.
- Good leadership skills.
- APM Body of Knowledge.
- CADMID cycle.
- Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Team focused.
- Customer / quality focused.
- Outcome / solution focused.
- Competitive salary, company profit sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
- Rewards and recognition scheme.