Job Title: Special Countries Sales Engineer
Department: Business Development & Sales
Responsible to: Business Development, Sales & Programs Director
Our Offer Includes:
- Competitive salary, company profit-sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
The Special Countries Sales Engineer will be responsible for the in-country support for the company’s Business Development and Sales activities, as well as any industrial and engineering in-country support required thereafter. The job requires spending long periods in the clients’ countries, predominantly in the Middle East, but not limited to that region.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Business Development and Sales activities in the client’s country, predominantly the Middle East. This support will require training and preliminary preparations both in the UK and overseas.
- Work closely with current staff (Business Development, Sales, Program Management and Engineering) to be trained on the equipment, and be able to support relevant pre and post-sale activities.
- Provide training to the clients’ personnel, including military staff, technical and end users, and to any OEMs in the clients’ country.
- Provide technical guidance to the clients’ technical staff concerning maintenance and installation of the equipment.
- Support the erection of local facilities, installations, or companies required for the execution of the business in-country.
- Establish a relationship with the clients', based on trust and respect.
- Make flexible customer support visits. As such a full current driving licence is required.
- Become the Go-to person for the customers on any issues, technical or contractual, concerning the scope of supply.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Preferably MSc, or
- Alternatively – to demonstrate a very strong engineering background in design or support in the defence market.
- At least 10 years of experience in the area of sales or engineering in the defence market.
- 5 years of experience in living and working in the Middle East.
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communicator both written and orally.
- Computer literate (MS Office packages).
- Team player and very high social skills.
- Ability to work alone, in an area of uncertainty and frequent change of direction.
- Self-motivated, and able to plan your own schedule and work load.
- Applicants need to be prepared to spend at least 50% of their time in the Middle East or elsewhere abroad.
- Must be comfortable with working in the defence and security sectors.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry and technologies - an advantage.
- Knowledge of stabilised payloads and DIRCM systems - an advantage.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Team focused.
- Customer / Quality focused.
- Outcome / Solution focused.
Applicants to apply through the link below, uploading a CV and personal statement as to why you would like to be considered for this role.
Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.